20 April 2009

And Such Is The Military Life

I really enjoy when my Honey is home. It's the greatest times of my life. Unfortunately because of the military lifestyle, it's not often that he is home. After being gone for 14 months, he has been home for 6 months. We are now officially into the longest span of time that we have been together since 2006! When he left for basic training in August 2006 he was gone for 11 weeks. Then we drove down to see him for 2 days. Actually we spent like 8 hours with him one afternoon and then like 10 hours with him the next day. No overnight with him. But that's the rules. Then we came back home and he went on to AIT. Seven weeks later he got to come home for Christmas for 2 weeks! YAY that was great but it flew right by. He went back to Texas after the holidays. I went to visit him over Easter weekend. That was nice. No overnight visit again but at least we got to spend the days and until like 10-11 pm together. After my visit, he was still there for a few more weeks. When he came home at the very end of April, he got to stay with us. We moved to NY and he got settled in his new unit. Four months later they deployed. Now here we are 6 months after the deployment ended and we are gearing up for another deployment! He's in the field this week. We won't see him again until the weekend. He'll be in the field again most of next week too, i believe. In fact for the next 5 weeks if he is not in the field he will be going in VERY early and getting home VERY late. So i won't be seeing him much at all it seems. Unfortunately this next 5 weeks covers my birthday and our anniversary. There are times when being a military wife is the loneliest thing in the world. I'm not going to be out looking for someone to fill that void where he belongs. I'm not the type to do those things. I'll live in my loneliness. I do have the girls to keep me busy. But seriously they hate when he's gone too. So they are not all fun and games either. He's the one who makes my day brighter and makes feel complete. No one else would ever be able to fill that void! And when i see him again, it's the most amazing feeling in the world. I could never allow dishonesty to cloud that moment for me. I just miss him so much when he's not home. At least when he is in the field like this, i can still talk to him. He has called like 4 times today. The good part about him being the medic is that he's not always busy like the other guys are. A lot of the time he is in the field with them in case something goes wrong or someone gets ill or something like that. They have to do additional training for their jobs and he's there in case they need him. Sometimes they let him join in though so he's not so bored. LOL Anyway.....i'm just frustrated today because he's gone for the week and i know that we only have a few more months until he's gone for a year again. At least this time it is only one year. Those extra months beyond a year make it sooooo much harder!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm right there with ya sweetie. No new deployments but separated by the military none the less. Remember, I'm always here for you!

Anonymous said...

You're not alone... We all go through it, and it always sucks, but we are stronger then TDY or Deployments!! I love ya and you know that if I can do it from Texas I so will!!!

Stacia said...

This post hit home for me today Kim; Rob called today and when he said he had to go I started to cry!!! I hate that I did that and it's like geez he's only been gone 3 weeks but its really starting to get to me, ugh! It sure does help to know I'm not alone!!!