29 August 2009

Just another surreal Saturday

Well....we have made it a whole month into this deployment. Things are amazingly going well for us. The girls have their moments but they are just moments. They aren't DAYS. A huge blessing after the issues we had during the last deployment. I am doing well this time too. I'm really trying to focus on me and taking care of myself. I rarely take time to do that. So this deployment seemed like a good chance to really do something that i have been needing to do for a long time. So far i have lost about 7-8 pounds. Not bad in a few weeks time. I've been going to the gym several days a week and then also doing some ab work at home when i'm not in the gym. I've completely rehauled our kitchen. I'm trying not only to eat better for myself but also to teach my girls proper eating habits. They are responding MUCH better than i expected them to....especially Kaitlyn. I've been really concerned about not only what she eats but the quantities she consumes. We are all learning portion sizes and good choices but also not depriving ourselves. Sometimes a taste of something yummy is enough to satisfy our desire. We don't need a big piece of cake when a small one or a couple bites will do. It's going really well so far and i truly hope we can continue to stick to it. I am really enjoying having Tammy living next door. I probably spend WAY more time with her than i should actually. But we have been having so much fun. Honestly all we ever do is sit on her front porch and talk or play on our computers or listen to music. We go to the gym and we run all our errands together. Thats it! But it's great to have someone fun to do the mundane with....ya know. I am also feeling VERY spoiled during this deployment....so far. Jay has his own phone over there and calls me all the time. I have even called him a few times. I text him all the time and he has even been known to text back. I miss having him here to touch and to see his elusive smile. But talking to him so often makes everything so much better. Today is just a lazy, sometimes rainy, sometimes sunny Saturday. The girls have a friend over and they are just watching tv. I'm laying on my bed watching chick flicks and typing here and there. It's kinda nice.

No comments: