13 August 2009

A Little of This, A Little of That

Things are going pretty well here. Nothing bad that i can honestly report. The girls seem to be adjusting much better to this deployment than they did to the last one. We have each had our moments where we wanted to just throw a tantrum because we missed him and he wasn't calling. But overall we are all doing well. Thankfully, i have Tammy next door to spend all my time with.....literally all my time! LOL We have started Weight Watchers, so we go to meetings every Thursday morning. We have also been going to the gym a couple times a week. I am really enjoying going to the gym. I think i may add at least one more day a week to that schedule. I've never enjoyed working out. But i guess my heart is really in it this time. I am eating better and i just have so much more energy. So i've noticed that going to the gym just increases how much better i am feeling and how much more energy i have. I don't know how many of you know this....but i have an eating disorder. I can look at food, even my favorites.....ok not taco's.......and convince myself that it will taste horrible and will hurt me to eat it. So i do good on an average day to consume more than 500 calories. My dr told me and a nutritionist told me that's barely 1/3 of what a person should eat for survival. The average person eats 2000 calories a day. People who are watching what they eat usually stay around 1500. So going to Weight Watchers has been a challenge for me. They insist you eat! and i mean really eat! Several times a day you should have something. This has been a struggle for me. But i have noticed now that i have done it for a week, that i am feeling better. My moods are improving. My energy is increased. I can survive on less sleep. I can actually FALL asleep. AND i lost 2.6 pounds in the first week! Apparently after only one week, my metabolism is getting the boost that it so desperately needed. I can't wait to see what happens from here on out. It can only improve, right. Well that's my hope anyway. So although i don't get to talk to Jay very often....i am trying really hard to make some improvements for myself and make the best of this deployment too. We are planning to take an awesome vacation on his R&R and i wanna surprise him by looking AMAZING when he sees me again! He has called several times. Most recently last night. They are still not at their FOB and are doing some training things. So no missions or anything yet. He's senior medic though this time so i don't know how often he'll actually have to go out on missions anyway. Which, of course i love! but he says he'll probably be pretty bored compared to last time. He's been gone about 2.5 weeks now and he's starting to sound tired already. Most of the time he sounds good. Maybe it was just because he was calling me at 545 am his time! LOL I think that's pretty much all my update for now. I have some other blog topics i am working on, but nothing ready for another intense blog just yet. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kim, Congrats on your weight loss. Thats so awesome!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you dude! And of Jay.. I love you guys!! :D