22 February 2010

Just some thoughts...that's all

Again, it's been a while since i've written anything here. I know there are reasons for it. Reasons that matter? Probably not so much. But reasons none-the-less. I've been a little busy. I had my gallbladder removed 4 weeks ago today. I am feeling a bazillion times better! No more pain, healing is going well, can eat food again...it's a great thing. Catching up around here after being out of commission for a couple weeks is taking much longer than i expected. But then being able to get up and do anything at all took longer than i expected also! Yesterday was Kaitlyn's 12th birthday. That hit me harder than expected too. Now i think i'm adjusting to it and i will enjoy our last year before our teen years. I am doing all i can at the moment to keep us busy around here with Jay gone. We all miss him terribly. Staying busy helps that time go by so much faster. I am also cutting back on my internet time. I just don't feel the need to be online so much any longer. Granted i do have internet on my phone so i do keep up with some things from there. But i don't sit at my computer for hours on end like i used to.....it's really freeing and i get so much done in the day! But i think the main reason that i haven't been writing is, i just don't have the heart for it anymore. I still have many things that i have an opinion on and would like to share that opinion. i just don't have the heart to sit here and write all these things any longer. I originally started this blog as a way for others to follow us through a 15 month deployment and as a way for me to vent my emotional frustration. I feel like i am dealing with all these things much better now than i was when i started this, and i just don't feel the need to write. I am going through my husband being deployed again. I am doing all i can to be Mom of the year to my girls. I am trying to keep my husband spoiled in the manner he is accustomed to, even from 7,000 miles away. I am trying to take care of myself. I am making friends and enjoying the home we have made for ourselves here in Georgia. I am also still doing my volunteer work for CMW. Currently, i am in the process of starting a small study group for christian military wives here in my area. That's a lot of work but it seems to be taking off so far. Might be really small at first but i count on word of mouth, facebook, and other things to spread the word. Some days i feel like my brain has more things in it to remember than i even know about. No wonder i keep losing things like my ID card! and my debit card. and cash. LOL yeah it's been bad lately! So anyway.....i haven't forgotten to write. Just had other things going on and then when i have a moment, this is just not what i want to do. But i will keep this up. I'm not abandoning it. Keep hanging in there with me and you will see more things. I do have something that i wrote for something else that i may copy/paste over here just to share with those who haven't seen it yet. In the meantime.....take care!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you will write more often. I enjoy reading your stuff.

Kim said...

Thank you. i do plan to write more, after Kaitlyn gets well again and i take care of some things for myself.