02 May 2011

Mixed Emotions

Today, i just don't know how to feel. We found out late last night that Osama Bin Laden has been finally dethroned from his reign of terror. He's dead. While I am happy he's no longer a threat to us....i'm also not sure how to feel. I'm scared for our military. I'm scared for our country. I'm scared for what will happen. I realize that people want to celebrate his death. I find that i can't. I realize that people are happy because it's like we finally have justice for all the events of 9/11. I find that excessive celebrations appear to be Americans gloating and that terrorists who are still out there (and there are many) will want to make us pay. I know that realiation is coming. No one would let their "leader" be taken and not do something in return. I mean, look at our country......we are in Iraq and Afghanistan because terrorists had the nerve to kill thousands of Americans on our own soil so we had to make them pay. Just to put it somewhat bluntly. They can say what they want about "WMDs" or spreading democracy and teaching other nations self sufficiency. But really, they wanted to kill Saddam and Bin Laden. And now they have. And really, what do we know about self sufficiency? We buy all our oil from them when we have our own! We buy cars, toys, food, all kinds of things from other countries when we can make our own. So whatever! I'm just tired of people making others feel bad for having an opinion about the death of Bin Laden. I see that there will be things to come and those things bring fear for me. Other people want to celebrate and be happy. So let them. But don't tell me that i "should" be happy. Or try to explain to me why people are celebrating. I know why they are celebrating. I just can't. I have a right to feel the way i feel. I fear for my friends who are in those countries and will have to face immediate retaliation. I fear for my friends in this country who may have to go back over there sooner than expected. I fear for my husband because we don't know what is to come. You can't tell me not to fear these things. You can't tell me i have to celebrate this tyrants death. Well, you can....but i don't have to listen!

2 comments:

Stacia said...

Kim, I pretty much feel the way you do. When I first heard the news my first thought was to jump up and down but that was quickly replaced with thoughts about when will the pay us back for this.
I too am happy that he is no longer a threat but someone will step up and take his place and your right, thats a scary thought

Anonymous said...

Kim, Do you know that Forex Is Highest Paying Keyword in Google Adsense? Learn how to use Forex here: